2017 Fall Beekeeping School
- Date: Saturday, September 23.
- Location: Agrilife Center and Agricultural & Life Sciences Building, Texas A&M University Campus.
Parking will be available in lot "100C". Click on the link to view the Google Map to both the building and parking lot. The best way to come in is via George Bush Drive, turning onto Penberthy Blvd.
- Cost: $50 individual; $80 couple; $15 kids (ages 12-17)
- Lunch is included with the registration. Lunch this year is being catered by
- Online registration is now OPEN.
Note that walk-up registrations are NOT guaranteed a lunch.
Also note that we are limiting the school to the first 450 registered people - and we DO expect to "fill up".
- Class Schedule & descriptions are now viewable online (to help you plan your day).
Some special items of interest for this year's Bee School are:
- This year's bee school is being co-sponsored by the Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab.
- We will again take pre-orders for people to purchase their hive kit from Mann Lake (item # KD-100), to be delivered and picked up at the bee school. Then the "Hive Body & Frame Building" class will help you put your own boxes and frames together on the spot. We'll have tools and helpers available to help you get it done. These hive kits are available at the really good sale price of $85 each!
- We will be offering a set of classes designed specifically to interest sideliner & commercial beekeepers. To our knowledge, this tract has not been offered at any other schools in the state.
Other questions regarding our Fall Bee School can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
The bee school is a fund-raiser event with the proceeds used to support the Brazos Valley Youth Scholarship Program. This year's class has 17 new participants, plus 4 returning students. The Youth Scholarship Program is affiliated with Brazos County 4H and is a 501(c)3 charitable entity. The Brazos Valley Beekeepers would like to express our gratitude to the corporate sponsors who help support the youth program with their very generous donations.